Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Stuuuuuuff

Been busy lately getting this Azshara Project organized and fully under way. I have about 6 months to do over 150 designs and images, so it's going to be a crunch. I have faith that I'll get it done, as long as I don't get too caught up doing things like CGHub's awesome Megaman Redesign challenge.

Rush and Roll.exe in a fantasy setting:




Working on the warlock armor designs. I want to aim for a more integrated skin-type armor. I don't like this first rendition so much, but it's heading in the right direction. However, this is a WoW mockup, so everything need to be turned up to 11. Going to aim for more dynamic poses in the future as well.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful work Carmen!

    You put just the right amount of decorative detail into your armor/costume designs.

    I would just like to point out that the landscape and figures in the first image feel like they are competing with each other. The way the composition is almost halved at the line where the light of the background meets the girl's head and dragon wing. I don't know whether I should look at the beautiful background, or the characters. One should be subordinate to the other.

    I think this image has a similar issue http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y278/Orestae/CarmenCianelli2.jpg.

    Nothing major, just composition crits :P
    I hope that was somewhat helpful.

    If you keep doing designs like that warlock, you'll be at blizzard in no time! Make sure you push your ideas outside of what we've seen in WoW already.

    Lane,
    http://lanebrownart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete